Art Director – Interactive Product DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 769085BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
- Oversee all aspects of creative development across our entire portfolio of Interactive Products and Experiences.
- Partner with our Creative and Production Teams to brainstorm and conceive of new experiences on emerging and existing digital platforms using our world-class IP.
- Team up with Business Development, Production and Technology Partners to identify execution benchmarks, development approaches and creative resources
- Provide applicable direction, guidance and feedback throughout creative development while allowing specific creative and production teams to manage the daily operations.
- Lead a lean, versatile and experienced creative team; support and nurture their continued development.
- Partner with Production to identify potential vendors, perform creative due diligence and provide mitigation efforts to ensure successful delivery of content.
- Identify new creative workflows and processes to increase quality and improve development; continue to promote products forward despite design, technical and production challenges.
- Partner with Franchise and Studio including: Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Walt Disney Live Action, Lucasfilm, Marvel and National Geographic to ensure our characters and worlds are authentically represented.
- Coordinate with Franchise teams to present the product’s creative vision to Studio teams and manage franchise expectations.
- Communicate with our Executive Leadership Team regarding high-level goals, essential priorities and individual project progress.
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- 7 years experiences total, including 3 years managing teams.
- Exceptional design skills and experience working with outstanding brands.
- Experience working across a variety of digital platforms and connected gadgets.
- Effectively function and excel in a very dynamic environment that operates across a diverse set of platforms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide concise direction and present ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Self-starter, reliable and passionate about your work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- Ability to think strategically but operate tactically as needed, focusing towards quality, authenticity and the intended audience.
- Experience with digital platforms including technology advancements, trade-offs and the challenges associated.
- BS/BA in related field or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.