Art Director - PrimosApply NowApply Later Job ID 871523BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Nov. 03, 2021
The Art Director will oversee and work directly with the design team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the series, from the opening title, body of episode to end credits. They must be experienced in the creation of detailed style guides and be comfortable dealing with internal and external departments on a daily basis. They will have strong management skills to oversee and give feedback to artistic crew. They will be responsible for anticipating and problem-solving complexity issues. This role requires collaboration with and leadership of a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with the Executive Producer and Director(s) on all aspects of the episodic look and mood
- Oversee assembly & approval of “199” main model pack to be sent to the assigned vendor animation studio as well as use for internal reference.
- Partner in setting the visual style of the series, creating conceptual and production artwork. This includes the Art Review, Black and White Line Art Review and Color Art Review for Executive approval. Subsequent reviews for later seasons may also be required if style evolves.
- Oversee entire design team including Designers, BG Painters and Color Designers, assigning work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
- Approve all color backgrounds and color created by the Color Designers for the characters, props and effects
- Read Outlines/Scripts, attend Storyboard pitches and Animatic reviews, flagging potential complexity or design count issues.
- Maintain production schedule provided by Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
- Communicate and problem-solve with vendor animation studio. Work with the Production team and the Digital department, create tools as well as information/”do’s and don’ts” document to help vendor studio achieve the required look within our budget and schedule.
- Partner with the Producer, Line Producer, and Production Supervisor to create schedules and casting assignments.
- Work with the TDs to ensure color correct and technically accurate deliveries are achieved.
- Regularly communicate with our Partner Studio(s) and lead episodic design and asset launches.
- May oversee Assistant Art Director if applicable.
- 5-7 years of experience in artistic animation production
- Experience leading a team preferred
- Experience working with vendor animation studios preferred
- Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable
- A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Ability to travel outside of the country
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.