Art DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744764BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 03, 2020
- Establish the projects visual style and quality standards; provide clear and concise visual direction, guidance and feedback across all aspects of art development.
- Develop style-guides and reference boards to provide the team, our partners and larger organization a clear understanding of the visual identity and direction of the project.
- Manage a small and effective art team to accomplish the project’s goals; support and nurture their continued growth and development.
- Set project priorities and scope; manage team’s progress and partner with production to deliver against project deadlines.
- Lead the design team in creating visually compelling prototypes to show how digital experiences can function in the absence of final hardware.
- Operate in a hands-on capacity creating production art as needed for multiple areas of the experience.
- Work with our brand partners to ensure the product is authentic to the franchise; coordinate brand guideline deliveries between franchise and the Production Teams.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Production and Engineers to develop the overall experience.
- Problem-solve and identify new techniques, workflows and technologies to drive quality and improve development; continue to make progress despite technical, design and production constraints and challenges.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple external production teams; establish guidelines and delivery cadence, review all digital assets and provide feedback in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with our Executive and Franchise teams on the products visual progress.
- Identify the best external partners to work with Disney on variety of interactive products.
- Minimum 7 years interactive experience on high profile and highly rated AAA mobile platform.
- Able to creatively supervise and drive projects from beginning to end with little assistance or supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills in managing tasks, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines and expectations.
- Exceptional understanding of 3D game development including the technology advancements, trade-offs, and the challenges associated.
- Mobile platform, VR, AR or mixed reality technology experience is a plus
- Adapt at problem-solving (both alone and in groups); ability to evaluate creative, workflow, and technical challenges and provide credible and achievable solutions.
- Deep and broad understanding of successful art and visual design principles.
- Ability to think strategically but operate tactically and be more hands-on when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear and concise feedback and guidance and present ideas with clarity and conviction.
- Self-starter, reliable and passionate about their work and committed to their discipline and its challenges.
- High attention to detail with a clear understanding of the big picture, always focusing towards quality and our intended audience.
- Team player who understands the value of regular and effective communication and team-based problem solving.
- Experience working with external production teams in multiple creative disciplines: digital assets, UI/UX, animations, motion graphics, concept art and illustration.
- Operate in a hands-on capacity creating production art as needed for multiple areas of the game
- Ability to mentor Artists; improve their skills, build their knowledge and turn them into Leaders.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in current development tools and software including but not limited to: Unity, Maya and/or 3DS Max and Adobe Photoshop
- Broad understanding of the Disney brands including: Star Wars, Disney/Pixar, Marvel
Required EducationBachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.