Asset Manager - Content Operations, ScreenersApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753435BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 12, 2020
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations Originals team and will focus on driving screener creation for our Disney+ original content but will also support our Library content, as needed. You will be responsible for managing the cross-functional, end-to-end Screener workflow for episodic and feature content ensuring that all stakeholders and theatrical screenings receive content in an efficient, safe, and secure manner.
Through excellent communication, organization, and knowledge of screener creation and its associated workflows, this individual will ensure that both systems and localization are optimized, documented, cataloged, and maintained. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and are consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching and promoting content on a global platform. You will ensure that our key stakeholders and customers’ needs are not only being met but exceeded.
- Oversees the creation of screening assets including but not limited to: Media Files, DVDs/BDs, DCPs and viewing links.
- Work closely with our Marketing, Awards, Events, and Screenings teams to anticipate the needs of the business and ensure timely execution of all requests.
- Familiarize yourself with the Publicity, Awards, and Event campaigns of the Disney+ Originals slate to better anticipate and prioritize our workload and capacity
- Support screener need for our territory launches
- Build and track asset delivery timelines to ensure we have the required assets and they are ready for operations in advance of relevant campaign dates and incoming screening requests
- Communicate and educate our partners on Screener creation workflows, timelines, and milestones
- Ensure that proper security requirements for our screening assets and workflows are being met
- Maintain and review partner metrics to ensure they are delivering a quality product on time, and error-free
- Facilitate qualitative reviews of the created files to ensure they are correct and meet our creation specs.
- Research and analyze our workflows to determine if we need tooling support or better alignment between stakeholders and to manage and drive these projects and conversations
- Provide research to support efforts to create better alignment between verticals.
- Collaborate with our Systems team to define tool requirements/enhancements to help scale our workflows
- 5 years of experience working in a post-production environment with a focus on the technical aspects of digital media files, their creation, and security protocols
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of working broadly across a business, understanding the needs of partners, and the ability to lead large scale projects/initiatives that require stakeholder buy-in
- Deep knowledge of Digital Asset Management tools and the ability to establish DAM best practices
- Full knowledge of current digital delivery mechanisms
- Expert knowledge in the use of Final Cut & Premiere
- Expert knowledge of anti-piracy initiatives and forensic applications; Nexguard/Civolution, Fortium, and PinPlay.
- Ability to dissect workflows and make tool recommendations that make workflows more efficient and effective
- Ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.