Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667444BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted May. 23, 2019
Job Summary:The role of Assistant Editor with Disney Publishing Worldwide is to provide support to editors during project development. The Assistant Editor will gather, organize, create and quality check assets needed to complete and deliver a project. They will report to the Senior Editor and will work closely with other editors in the group.
- Support editors during project development
- Coordinate Custom Publishing title development with between editorial and Sales
- Support development of assigned Custom titles
- Track POS sales for assigned titles
- Manage freelancer contracts and route invoices for payment
- Gather image and file assets from various database
- Gather assets and information to update internal presentations and catalogs
- Copy edit and checking revisions on book passes
- Administrative and editorial projects as needed
- 1-2 years publishing editorial experience preferred
- copy editing/proofreading proficiency
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work under deadline
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Technical Proficiency: MS Office, Mac OS, Adobe Acrobat, Keynote, Excel
- Bachelor's Degree
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Publishing Worldwide, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Disney Publishing Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.