Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant LibrarianApply Now Apply Later Job ID 636818BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Feb. 08, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products (DPECP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company where Disney’s stories, characters, and franchises come to life through Parks and Resorts, toys, apps, apparel, books, and stores. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, and digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney Store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
The DPECP Organizational Development & Learning Strategy team facilitates tools and resources for the Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products community that enhance the development of creative and compelling products, processes, and techniques. Among these resources is the Disney Creative Resource Center which provides access to its collection of reference books, periodicals, Disney DVD library, trend services, and trade publications, as well as Disney product reference material such as model sheets and style guides. An additional resource is the Disney Consumer Products Archives, which houses a collection of drawings and product-related production art, photographs, slides, and maquettes.
- Responsible for the cataloguing and processing of library books and periodicals.
- Assist with reference and research requests, and basic library operations.
- Assist with the organization and processing of artwork, archival product and related resource materials in the archives.
- Experience with Sirsi/Dynix or other library catalogue software system.
- Knowledge of Dewey Decimal Classification system and Library of Congress Subject Headings.
- Previous library experience; research and cataloging experience.
- Experience working with artwork and/or archival materials.
- Familiarity with asset management and controlled vocabulary systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Detailed oriented.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Library and Information Science
- Candidate should be a graduate of a Library and Information Science program at an accredited university or college with experience in reference, research, and working with collections of traditional and non-traditional materials.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.