Assistant Manager, ConsumablesApply NowApply Later Job ID 773828BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 18, 2021
Responsibilities:Partner closely with the Sr. Manager to manage the day-to-day Disney/Pixar Branded Consumables business including but not limited to:
Category Management / Finance & Business Planning
- Assist in defining / executing the business strategy for the consumables global partner portfolio (Disney and Pixar portfolio)
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Pitch new brands for upcoming marketing activations and/or studio films, and on-board new Licensees
- Conduct periodic store checks and present insights on product and promotional trends
- Communicate category strategy and product line offering with internal partners, including internal creative partners, finance/business development, franchise and retail sales teams
- Manage financials including ongoing POS analysis, quarterly forecasting and annual business planning/reviews
- Support Sr. Manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary
- Inform and guide Licensees in the execution of all brand marketing initiatives. Integrate Licensees within wider brand and marketing plans.
- Work with Franchise team to provide category/business input to strategic and brand planning
- Complete analysis and help develop presentations in support of brand and category management
- Partner with other TWDC business segments to build bigger brand programs
- Uphold the integrity of all Disney/Pixar brands by staying up to date on overarching brand guardrails and guiding internal/external teams appropriately
- Collaborate with licensees in establishing product development strategies and ensure all key milestones are being met for planned product launches.
- Partner with Licensees to develop and promote product lines that support 3PC strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with Product Development team and licensees to build Licensee line plans (ensuring appropriate sku count, price point and brand initiatives are maximized), provide OPA oversight to ensure marketing strategies are reflected in product submissions and ensure Licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- Submit and track all necessary marketing, promotional, and legal approvals – navigating internal processes and systems
- Manage approvals for use of Disney Character Voices and Disney Music in product lines
- Maintain updated line lists, placement, exclusive development, and promotional program information.
- Liaise with the Integrated Retail (IR) team to define account promotional/marketing plans and ensure Licensee participation
- Provide all needed product and Licensee information to the IR team to support retail road shows and presentations
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant
- Proactively engage internal PR and Comms teams to drive awareness of key product lines
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution, and the retail environment
- Experience or high level of interest in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/assignments
- Strong communication/presentation/influencing skills/follow up/follow through
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Solid account management skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Solid computer skills (Keynote, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree + 3-4 years related experience or MBA with 1-2 years of experience
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.