Assistant Manager, Flexible Business ModelsApply NowApply Later Job ID 768652BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 18, 2020
The Assistant Manager, Flexible Business Models will be part of our Flexible Business Model (FBM) team, which includes wholesale and commercial business models outside of third party licensing and vertical owned/operated. This role will help create a balance of products that will evolve and extend The Walt Disney Company brand and make it a partner of choice.
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry to help shape the account strategies, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Drive account initiatives to achieve financial objectives for assigned accounts by driving quarterly cross-category or franchise statements and product category direction and supporting fixture planning, visual merchandising and marketing.
- Create and present quarterly line review presentations tailored to assigned accounts.
- Determine wholesale cost structure to maximize profitability for Disney while ensuring appropriate margins for retail accounts.
- Manage and maintain purchase order accuracy from creation phase to delivery.
- Lead cross-functional team in supporting vendor requirements for assigned accounts including mitigating account chargebacks if applicable.
- Execute to key milestones, meeting requirements to support delivery of merchandise to assigned accounts.
- Present quarterly departmental strategies and hindsight business reviews to the Senior Management and cross-functional teams.
- Perform gap analysis to drive business.
- Minimum of 3-5 years account and product management experience in mid to large size company (or related experience)
- Experience in retail or omnichannel retailers preferred
- Experience with Purchase Order management preferred
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Power Point, AS400 a plus)
- Strong cross-functional capabilities
- Must be results oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and prioritize
- Experience in a matrixed organization working with multiple stakeholders across multiple tracks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with partners and executive level (Directors, VPs, SVPs) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.