Assistant Manager, Licensing Hardlines ( Disney Princess & Pixar)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768481BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Nov. 09, 2020
Responsibilities:Partner closely with Senior Manager to manage day-to-day Disney/Pixar business including but not limited to:
Category Management/Finance & Business Planning
- Assist in defining and executing the business strategy for Disney Princess and Frozen core toys, including dolls, doll accessories, and preschool toys
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs.
- Conduct periodic store checks and present insights on product and promotional trends.
- Communicate category strategy and product line offering with internal partners, including internal creative partners, finance/business development, franchise and retail sales teams.
- Manage financials including ongoing POS analysis, quarterly forecasting and annual business planning/reviews.
- Support Senior Manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary
- Inform and guide licensees in the execution of all brand marketing initiatives. Integrate licensees within wider brand and marketing plans
- Work with Franchise team to provide category/business input to strategic and brand planning
- Complete analysis and help develop presentations in support of brand and category management
- Partner with other DCPI divisions (e.g. publishing, interactive) to build bigger brand programs.
- Product Development:
- Partner with Licensees to develop and promote product lines that support DCPI’s strategic initiatives
- Collaborate with Product Development team to build licensee line plans (ensuring appropriate sku count, price point and brand initiatives are maximized), provide OPA oversight to ensure marketing strategies are reflected in product submissions and ensure licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- Set-up line reviews with licensees and Product Development team
- With Sales team define and plan product development for retailer exclusive products
- Submit and track all necessary marketing, promotional and legal approvals – navigating internal processes and systems
- Manage approvals for use of Disney Character Voices and Disney Music in product lines
- Maintain updated Line Lists, Placement, Exclusive Development and Promotional Program information.
- Liaise with the Internal Retail Teams to define account promotional/marketing plans and ensure licensee participation
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing teams to support retail road shows and presentations
- Partner with sales in assortment / retail planning / sales pitches where relevant
- Proactively engage internal PR and Social Media teams to drive awareness of key product lines
- Strong understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Experience or high level of interest in the Toys category
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/assignments
- Strong communication/presentation/influencing skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical/strategic thinker
- Solid computer skills (Keynote, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook)
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-4 years related experience
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.