Assistant Manager, Retail Brand DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 840096BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
- Partner closely with Director, Retail Brand Development to develop strategies and initiatives that achieve financial goals for the Disney & Pixar businesses at retail in North America.
- Develop substantial depth of familiarity with key Princess and Pixar content in order to contribute to meaningfully lead and contribute to retail programs.
- Collaborate with Franchise, Licensing and Product Development to develop cohesive retail programs and identify unique opportunities for retailers.
- Lead the development of retailer pitch presentations, retail promotional summaries, retail tracking reports and brand updates.
- Assist in leading retail brainstorms, tracking key development dates, supporting franchise-specific requests, socializing updates and approvals across key teams.
- Support bi-weekly, retailer-focused calls with Franchise, Licensing and each of the account teams to discuss key business issues to drive the business forward.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other key business units that result in new business and/or cross promotional opportunities.
- Proactively communicate business-driving information updates to Integrated Retail team.
- Represent the Integrated Retail team and provide retail point-of-view at cross-functional strategy sessions including CPGP franchise council meetings and monthly Studio Planning meetings.
- Share North American retail activation updates and best practices with DPEP global regional leads.
- Present Princess & Pixar film slate and key franchise priorities to retail buyers.
- Partner with key licensees to develop retail strategies and communicate retail activation plans.
- Manage day-to-day account requests including special program approvals, artwork requests and fulfillment of licensee lists.
- Manage the fulfillment of creative and marketing assets for retail.
- Fulfill any and all reporting requirements in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Strong understanding of current retail landscape, retail processes and consumer targets.
- 3+ years of experience in sales, marketing and/or brand management.
- Superior analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Ability to lead conversations, process differing points of view and drive consensus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, comfort in driving conversations and programs with little information.
- Team player with an ability to build strong cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and maintains flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- A self-starter who identifies sales solutions that meet the needs of the retailer as well as Disney’s sales objectives.
- Proficient with key business applications including Keynote, Excel and Word.
- Must have strong presentation skills with proven ability to present to buyers, licensees, and senior management.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience in particular field.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.