Assistant Manager, Social MediaApply NowApply Later Job ID 860747BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Sep. 16, 2021
Responsibilities:Assist the social media team in all aspects – partner approvals, community management, project organization, content scheduling, and more, including:
- Review partnership content approvals with a strong understanding of internal brand and legal guidelines.
- Community manage, monitor, and moderate discussions/comments on Marvel social media pages and suggest responses that work with each platform’s best practices.
- Organize and schedule digital content and posts, create copy, and field incoming interdepartmental requests.
- Brainstorm and attend meetings to assist with strategy and provide creative ideas.
- Strong technical understanding of and interest in the major social media platforms and their best practices, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to strict brand guidelines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interface with cross-functional teams in a professional way.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, handling several projects at once and meeting tight deadlines.
- Possession of a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality.
- Resourcefulness, and experience working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Photography, video, and design skills a plus.
- Resumé must outline internships, degrees earned, work experience, and major courses of study.
- Cover letter must include a short personal introduction that includes a brief description of related experiences, and why they're the best fit for the position/Marvel. The more creative, the better!
- At the end of the cover letter, describe in 140 characters which Marvel character you relate to the most – and why.
- 2-4 years experience working in social media; strong internships will be considered.
Required EducationBA/ BS Degree or relevant work experience
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.