Assistant News Director, KABC-TVApply NowApply Later Job ID 769177BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 01, 2020
- Collaborates closely with VP/News Director, VP/ Content and Marketing and Digital Director on all content, marketing and promotional strategies.
- Leads news managers on all daily linear programming and shares responsibility with Digital Director on all digital and social news content; makes operational decisions on content and logistics.
- Responsible for all daily news coverage, including breaking news.
- Supervises daypart executive producers and other members of newsroom management on both linear and non-linear news content.
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring operational newsroom personnel in collaboration with VP/News Director.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to make decisions on daily content and logistics in a fast-paced environment.
- Substantial experience as a successful people manager in a newsroom environment
- Proven ability to excel in a demanding and ever-changing newsroom.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative management skills
- Detail-oriented with proven editorial and production skills with an understanding of the importance of marketing as it relates to daily coverage.
- A keen understanding of which types of content and storytelling styles work best for various platforms.
- Knowledge of the diverse communities KABC-TV serves in Southern California
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- College degree is preferred.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.