Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant News DirectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 603381BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Oct. 24, 2018
Job Summary:KABC-TV, the Disney/ABC owned station in Los Angeles, is seeking an Assistant News Director to lead daily multi-platform news coverage and execute the overall vision of delivering meaningful breaking news and impactful community-based stories in Southern California. The Assistant News Director will report to the VP/News Director and will directly supervise daypart executive producers and other news managers on day to day coverage. We’re searching for an innovative leader who thrives on creating content that stands out. This position will collaborate with the VP/News Director, Digital Director and the Audience Development team to create and execute coverage strategies across all platforms.
- Collaborates closely with VP/News Director, VP/Audience Development and Digital Director on all content, marketing and promotional strategies.
- Leads news managers on all daily linear programming and shares responsibility with Digital Director on all digital and social news content; makes operational decisions on content and logistics.
- Responsible for all daily news coverage, including breaking news.
- Supervises daypart executive producers and other members of newsroom management on both linear and non-linear news content.
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring operational newsroom personnel in collaboration with VP/News Director.
- Must be a strong leader with the ability to make decisions on daily content and logistics in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to excel in a demanding and ever changing newsroom.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative management skills
- Detail-oriented with strong editorial and production skills with an understanding of the importance of marketing as it relates to daily coverage
- A keen understanding of which types of content and storytelling styles work best for various platforms.
- Knowledge of the diverse communities KABC-TV serves in Southern California
- College degree is preferred.
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Holding Company, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
ABC Holding Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.