Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Product MerchandiserApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539899BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 03/29/2018
Job Summary:The Assistant Product Merchandiser will work on developing global Disney Store product strategy for assigned departments and drive assortment choices to support those strategies. This role is an integral member of the Global Product Strategy and Development organization for The Disney Store, is based in Glendale, CA, and reports to the Manager, Product Strategy.
- Support Manager in developing global TDS product strategy for assigned departments. Strategy to include region specific needs, meet Disney brand and quality requirements and meet financial needs of the business
- Partner with Manager to develop and maintain departmental strategies and drive assortment choices to support these strategies. Actively work to apply financial insights, consumer insights, and product trend information, as well as support the overall global Disney Store vision and mission to validate assortment.
- Manage assigned category initiatives to achieve financial objectives for assigned categories/departments
- Analyze retail and consumer trends in the industry, specifically for relevant categories, to help shape the assortment, drive innovation, and identify new opportunities.
- Present quarterly departmental strategies and corresponding product lines to the Senior Management team.
- Partner with key cross-functional partners to ensure product concept translates into saleable product that hits financial targets and delivers on time.
- Execute to key milestones, meeting requirements to support delivery of merchandise to Regional partners
- Build and update quarterly assortment plans.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of experience in retail merchandising and/or buying in mid to large size company.
- High level of interest and experience with Disney Brand category management preferred
- Experience working collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to flex from strategic to task oriented skills
- Good computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Strong organizational skills
- People oriented team player
- College degree in related business field ideal
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.