Associate Brand Merchandising ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 783850BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
This roll will report directly to the Senior Merchandising Manager
- Execute the daily implementation of the National Geographic product strategy
- Manage the product strategy at the department, class, and sub-class levels
- Consumerist: Consumer obsessed, always balancing the art and the science of merchandising to find opportunities, improve brand and delight our consumer
- Monitors and reports on the global competitive landscape
- Demonstrated passion for consumer and product trend
- Track development counts, adoption KPIs and COGs targets
- Manage Data integrity in systems and samples
- Provide support for milestone meetings with the development of presentation decks, briefs, recaps, and assembling input from essential partners
- Attend team meetings to assist with the input/output of communication
- Manage updates and maintenance of the Brand Range Plan
- Prepare and maintain catalog of merchandise by quarter (photobooks)
- Consolidate the product needs from all regions and channels to develop one product brief to design
- Establish perspective on what's working and why to improve product line
- Partner with Global Creative and Marketing teams to bring our content and IP to life and with a brand point of view across the globe
- Partner with Product Design and Sourcing to provide seasonal products for vertical and wholesale business models that meet our goals including sustainability goals
- Partner with O&O Merchandising and 3rd Party Commercial teams around the world to execute against franchise and product strategies
- Brand ambassador who shows up as compelling, dynamic, and knowledgeable in all stages of go to market process and partner interactions where product is discussed
- Provide our diversity and inclusion goals through right product and personal growth
- 2+ years of experience in Product Merchandising or Brand Management
- Experience in building a product line for a category or categories of business
- Be a brand steward and maintain product integrity
- Working knowledge of the omni-channel marketplace (knowledge of global marketplace)
- The ability to promote execution against a plan
- Flexible and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
Additional Information:Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.