Associate Brand Relations Manager - Walt Disney GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006988 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As an Associate Brand Relations Manager, you will partner with Walt Disney studios and Walt Disney games disciplines (production, creative, and marketing) in receiving, routing, and the delivering of brand content and approvals to ensure games are aligned with brand and corporate guidelines.
This role requires day to day interactions with the games team, creatives, marketing, and Walt Disney studios. You will support studios for Disney/Pixar Games including: Walt Disney Animation, Disney Live Action, Pixar, Parks, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED).
This brand work entails providing clearly communicated brand feedback/approvals/notes to and from studios and games teams, meetings, reviews, and content share outs. A key responsibility in this role is to continue to support the relationships of the studio stakeholders as we push the limits of innovation for new product that evolves with the market and audience.
You will primarily lead small scale/complex products and support live service/live operated titles. This person leads assigned projects and supports the Brand Relations leads across their assigned products.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can draw upon a background with solid knowledge of the Disney brands and knowledge of gaming and a passion for both. They must be able to carefully articulate feedback and clearly communicate information to all stakeholders, addressing opportunities and challenges.
This role may require onsite Disney studio visits at: Walt Disney Animation, Disney Main Lot, Pixar, WDI/Parks, and occasional visits with Disney TV (DMED). This position does not support Marvel or Lucas.
This position will report to the Sr Manager, Brand Relations
- Support Brand Relations work and handle brand reviews for assigned Disney Games titles, both global and regional, including console, mobile, online, and other platforms from creative concept, development, release & live service.
- Work closely with the studios to learn and master the understanding of the Disney brands as a Brand Relations ambassador.
- Ensure that the Walt Disney Games teams have the necessary support from studios such as access to reference materials, story overviews, and digital assets in order to deliver high quality games.
- Provide brand support to producers and creative staff balancing the needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise's characters and worlds.
- Collaborate with Game product development on creative concepts through a brand and studio lens.
- Advocate for both filmmakers and game productions to negotiate a balance of game features without compromising brand integrity.
- Collaborate with marketing staff to ensure effective synergy, distribution, and promotions.
- Prepare and develop internal and external presentations for new and classic brand content.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 1-3+ years of experience specifically in brand management, video games, or in film studios.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent, and critical decisions to ensure reviewers understand importance of specific game requirements while maintaining brand integrity.
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at different stages of development.
- Ability to identify and escalate to senior staff as necessary.
- Strong sense of flexibility and urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building productive relationships with creatives, managers and peers.
- Demonstrate affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises (excluding Marvel and Lucas).
- An understanding of mobile, console, and/or PC games with live operations components.
- An understanding of all phases of film or game development: concept, pre-production, production and post-production/live-service.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA, AirTable and able to navigate database asset and routing software.
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile, Console, PC, AR/VR).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is located in Glendale, CA
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.