Associate, Corporate InnovationApply NowApply Later Job ID 10054337 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 12, 2023
About the Role & Team
At The Walt Disney Company, we're storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through applying and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world!
The Corporate Innovation team is a highly visible team of professionals who act as in-house consultants/strategists responsible for the identification, analysis, development, and execution of corporate innovation initiatives. Specific activities include developing data-driven hypotheses, strategies, and tactics to develop new businesses; identifying, evaluating, and negotiating equity investments; managing a portfolio of current investments; incubating or accelerating potential new businesses, assessing emerging market opportunities and fostering innovation within and across the enterprise. The team's activities and accomplishments have contributed to the global strategy and success of our company across business divisions: Entertainment, Sports, and Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products.
What You Will Do
The Associate on the Corporate Innovation team will be involved in sourcing, due diligence, and monitoring business opportunities for potential business development and investments. The responsibilities center on analysis and research of relevant trends and technologies, and the respective companies in those sectors. The position also provides an opportunity to participate in the day-to-day operations of the Disney Accelerator program.
- Conduct research and due diligence on potential opportunities and portfolio investments
- Prepare a variety of presentation materials
- Assist with the evaluation of industry research on technologies and markets with the potential to impact and/or disrupt the future of media and entertainment
- Research and identify critical technologies that impact the media and entertainment business globally
- Brainstorm new business development opportunities for the company
- Assist in the development of business plans for new corporate innovation ventures
- Work with corporate and business unit teams to promote innovation initiatives
- Develop and manage relationships with leading venture capital firms and entrepreneurs in the tech world
- Investigate emerging innovation trends
- Actively recruit companies through personal network and leads for participation in the Disney Accelerator
- Assist with processes covering financials, management, product and market opportunity for each investment
- Work closely with TWDC business units to support ongoing business development with startups (e.g., capture and monitor next steps, facilitate conversations, track progress)
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 2 - 4+ years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, investment banking, consulting, and/or technology
- Expertise in entertainment/media or Internet/digital technology business
- Innovative/creative problem solver
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and financial modeling skills combined with a strategic approach and an eye for business
- An excellent teammate with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Ability to demonstrate intelligence, strategic sense, and strategic strength by articulating a merit-based, convincing point of view
- Personal/professional integrity and proven discretion in handling confidential information
- Previous experience founding or working at a startup
- Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
- Ability to define and articulate a clear vision
- Demonstrated success in understanding and presenting complex business issues and identifying creative solutions
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Excellent project management skills that lead to efficient, effective, and successful execution of project plans
- Willingness to potential and limited domestic travel
- Familiarity with The Walt Disney Company lines of business
- Bachelor of Science with preferred majors of Business, Economics, Entrepreneurship, or equivalent
- MBA from a top business school preferred
The hiring range for this position in California is $123,000 to $165,000 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.