Associate Data Scientist
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 733776BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Feb. 18, 2020
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Walt Disney Television Group, Disney Television Animation (DTVA) is a high-volume digital animation production studio. Because of DTVA’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software are critical to its production operations and workflows. Disney Television Animation Technology (DTVAT) innovates and delivers solutions that support our animation studio whose content is legendary and transcends generations. As part of the Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive innovation.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, business-savvy, analytical powerhouse to join the Disney Television Animation Technology team as an Associate Data Scientist. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, building and channeling data visualization solutions across the various Disney Television Animation business departments. You will be working through industry research, participate in ongoing education, and apply practical experience while working along the path of becoming a leading subject matter expert in digital workflow and user behavior via data analyst.
Responsibilities:Supporting the Disney Television Animation business, the Associate Data Scientist should be well versed in each of the following areas:
- Work closely with DTVA Technology department management to provide requirements, offer input, and track progress on infrastructure and engineering work streams that are relevant to the business.
- Working collaboratively with cross-functional teams consisting of: Executives, Software Developers, System Engineers, System Administrators and Site Reliability Engineers to create strategies around Knowledge Discovery / Data Mining.
- Apply statistical and modeling skills to enhance the understanding of our application and workflow data.
- Conduct hands-on research, business intelligence analysis and data mining on large, complex data sets to support the business.
- Collaborate and Ideate on building predictive models and algorithms to optimize software tools and data visualization solutions.
- Create and optimize data visualization models that enable us to target specific: business, financial, operational and technology needs.
- Analyzing the performance of applications, systems, processes in order to provide data and feedback tied to optimizations and refinements.
- Examining other ways to expand the use of data science for improved decision support.
- Help improve business decision support solutions by leveraging internal and external datasets.
- Contribute in technical discussions on data standards and tooling.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in media, advertising, or digital products driving measurable results is highly preferred.
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations.
- Strong experience with Excel and writing SQL to extract and manipulate data at the source
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus:
- Spark, Hive / Hadoop
- Cloud data platforms
- R and ggplot2
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus:
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage).
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Great written and verbal communication and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability in predictive analytics and modeling.
- Knowledge or background in data engineering is a plus.
- Required Education: Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.