Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate Electrical EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560151BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jun. 06, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for electrical engineering including design, analysis, calculations and specifications for low and medium voltage power distribution systems; emergency power, generators and UPS standby systems; lighting systems and controls; fire alarm systems; communication systems; and HVAC controls for an individual facility/attraction, area development, land, or theme park project.
- Generally responsible for entry level electrical engineering design and calculation tasks for a single project under senior staff supervision
- Aware of budget hours for assigned tasks and informs supervisor of potential variances
- Solicits others to check work product
- Make decisions within established guidelines and provide, under close supervision, engineering design and analysis in support of the production of construction contract documents
- General knowledge of the electrical engineering curriculum, with concentration in the areas of power distribution and short circuit analysis
- Knowledge of electrical load and energy calculations and basic electrical engineering calculations
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit MEP and AutoCAD
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Excel, Work and PowerPoint
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Engineer-in-Training certificate is desirable
- Active membership in IEEE, IES, or IAEI is desirable
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.