Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate, Global DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 603739BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 19, 2019
Job Summary:The Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Global Development team is seeking highly qualified second year MBA or post-MBA candidates to fill available Associate positions. The ideal candidate should exhibit outstanding professional experience, advanced analytical and leadership skills and exceptional academic records. Strong written and verbal communication skills, a team-oriented attitude and a sense of fun are essential. All positions are based in Southern California.
Global Development is the business development and strategy team for Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, charged with systematically assessing long-term goals, growth opportunities and strategies that maximize value for the segment. The team’s work spans across all business units (e.g. theme parks, resort hotels, cruise, timeshare, real estate, consumer products) and geographies (Asia, Europe and US).
- Proactively support leaders by driving analysis, conducting research, developing presentations and contributing to project management.
- Lead research, modeling and analysis, and incorporate outputs in overall project storyline
- Manage project work independently and help develop work plan
- Develop own recommendation and autonomously build presentations
- Deliver presentations and actively contribute to meetings with senior leadership
- Explore new approaches and frameworks to solve issues
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with partners across the company
- Provide ongoing development support to all levels within the team
- Partner with Marketing/Consumer Insights, Revenue Management, Imagineering, Finance, etc. to gather internal data and opinions
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
- Minimum 3 - 4 years of consulting or strategy related work experience
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills with ability to translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong strategic thinking skills and capability to handle complex concepts
- Demonstrated flexibility and problem-solving skills
- Ability to tailor messages appropriately to audience
- Self-starter with ability to deal with ambiguity
- Solid multi-tasking and time management capabilities
- Enthusiasm for the travel, leisure and entertainment industries
- MBA from top-tier school and top academic achievement
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Imagineering Research & Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.