Associate GPC Strategy ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 776179BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 22, 2021
This individual will work on the essential product development initiatives that will equip TWDC to unlock its next wave of short-term and long-term growth in products, while delivering innovation, increased value and leverage to the organization.
Support of Sustainable Strategies for Long Term Growth
- Drive progress on tasks related to global, consumer-led, and product-specific business strategies for priority initiatives, including support of strategy and planning efforts
- Assist manager in moving work forward in specific and outlined areas of focus
- Partner with leaders to assess needs, outline approach, develop key messages, and create documentation
- Develop strategic narratives and related messaging designed to effectively map strategies, articulate business cases, and influence audiences
- Champion innovative approaches to storytelling and visualization of materials
- Manage day-to-day processes including critical timelines, meeting notes and action items, and proactively identify constrained resources, conflicting priorities, and scheduling issues
- Maintain materials and related assets via a variety of platforms
- Develop a strong awareness of the global merchandise business, including knowledge of licensed, vertical, and flexible business models
Line-of-Sight Visibility and Critical Connection Across GPC
- Collaborate and build effective relationships with a broad audience of key stakeholders and partner groups
Cross-Functional Team Participation
- Create and maintain a positive team environment
- Contribute to a culture that fosters teamwork, creativity, and innovation while driving accountability to results
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication skills, including demonstrated influence, communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, SharePoint/Collaboration Workspace, and Keynote
- 2+ years of experience and college degree in related field of study
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.