Already applied?View Dashboard
Associate HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 647754BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 09, 2019
Job Summary:Inspire memories that last a lifetime…. That’s what we do at Walt Disney Imagineering. We believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products, and services our Guests know and love. When we grow and develop our people, we’re investing in our future. As Human Resources, we are the champions of this investment. The Walt Disney Company’s Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results. How do we do this? By shaping employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights. In your role as the Associate HR Business Partner, you will support the delivery of HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals.
The Associate HR business partner works directly with assigned client groups to develop strategies, programs, and processes to enable business strategies, foster leadership success, and drive the effectiveness of the employee experience. The Associate provides direction, gives advice and exercises independent judgment to employees/assigned clients on the appropriate interpretation and application of HR policies, processes and practices. They work with functional subject matter experts, team members, and leaders to identify the appropriate HR solutions for assigned client groups. Additionally, the Associate HR business partner is also responsible for proactively providing support to leaders for organization and Employee effectiveness projects including but not limited to talent management, assessment deployment and drafting recommendations, and talent forecasting. They also engage in segment-wide HR work streams such as mergers/acquisition and integration, leveling/job ladder analysis and recommendations, and other projects as identified by their leader and the senior HR Business Partners.
- Serve as a credible partner and “one stop shop” for assigned client group on HR related client needs, identifies key human resource needs, develops solutions and, as appropriate, brokers with other internal human resource areas (e.g., Training, Compensation, Recruiting, etc.) for services
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the business and takes a consultative approach in anticipating, assessing, and providing creative HR solutions to business priorities
- Implements and administers HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
- Provides consultation to clients by partnering on moderately complex HR processes, procedures, precedents and initiatives integrating appropriate centers of excellence (COE) partners as necessary
- Provides coaching and consultation to leaders and employees on the performance management process
- Mediates simple to somewhat difficult interactions and escalates issues as appropriate
- Assists with key talent processes including performance calibrations, talent review, succession planning, leadership development and talent assessment
- Supports integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Provides day to day performance management guidance
- Handles employee off-boarding and recruitment efforts
- May serve as an analyst or metrics champion for the HR team, providing data in the form of metrics, dashboards and analysis of the data
- Exercises a familiarity with workforce insights, evidence-based research, and HR & business metrics in developing appropriate plans to meet organization needs.
- Works closely with HR Business Partners and clients to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Participate in special projects
- Supports with SAP corrections / HRIS changes
- Handles correspondence with clients including high level executives
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in an HR or customer/client service oriented professional role
- Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development and compensation
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills
- Strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
- Ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build trusted relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to interpret data, identify trends and recommend multiple solutions
- Strong organizational, motivational, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Function in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Basic knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
- Experience directly supporting clients
- SAP experience & reporting
- Project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.