Associate, Licensing ConsumablesApply NowApply Later Job ID 780779BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
The Associate provides support in managing a category of products and a portfolio of licensees in order to meet or exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
- Manages day-to-day relationship with licensees for a specific segment of the business, providing information, facilitating assets, resolving issues, on-boarding new licensees reviewing/approving/facilitating approvals of submissions and promotion/advertising initiatives
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include licensee management, product approvals and Licensee communications
- Assists in defining and activating category and property strategy
- Supports the process of identifying, pitching and selecting licensees
- Develops and present trends and competitive research within the category as assigned by manager
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats and dynamics
- Identify research and analysis needs to include: sales forecasting, trend research, retail shopping analysis
- Helps identify new business opportunities and explore how to maximize business with current licensees
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supports manager in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analyses, forecasting, strategy presentations, product line analysis and other projects for the category
- Works with the Product Development team to approve and maintain line lists
- Works with Product Development to ensure timely OPA (Online Product Approval) comments are provided and help minimize disruption of our product launches
- Ensures licensee product lines reflect Disney quality and brand/property objectives
- Active contributor to a matrixed team including Franchise Licensing, Product Development, Finance, Integrated Retail, HR, Contract Administration & Franchise Marketing
- Develop cross divisional relationships with key stakeholders across TWDC to help maximize licensing opportunities (e.g. Studio Promotions, Alliances, Corporate Brand Management etc.)
- Ensures timely approvals of licensee's marketing elements in Disney Media Manager
- Supports internal initiatives generated by the Franchise Marketing and Integrated Retail teams
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong account management skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Required computer skills (Excel, Power Point / Keynote, Word, Outlook)
- Licensing and/or CPG marketing experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor's degree + 2 years related experience or MBA
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.