Associate Mgr, Chemical Management, Product IntegrityApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050945 Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 18, 2023
The Product Integrity team protects the Disney brand by ensuring Disney branded products meet relevant Disney standards and global regulations. The responsibilities of this role include supporting Company-wide chemical management strategies, ensuring the chemical compliance of Disney-branded products, and overseeing global chemical initiatives. With the rapid increase in chemical regulations, consumer awareness of the chemicals used in products is on the rise, making this role critical in ensuring the continued safety of Disney-branded products.
- Act as a partner and technical consultant by collaborating with internal business partners regarding the impacts of new and emerging global chemical requirements related to Disney-branded products.
- Socialize internal chemical-related requirements with internal and external stakeholders, including socializing and educating suppliers on the compliance approach and alternative options.
- Work with internal stakeholders on reviewing Disney’s chemical management practices, participate in assigned chemical working groups, continuously monitor emerging global regulations, and provide recommendations on compliance approaches, high-risk materials, candidate chemicals, and safer alternatives.
- As directed, update the chemical requirements under Disney’s Product Guidelines related to the compliance approach for internal requirements and global chemical regulations, develop compliance strategies, provide supplier training, and communicate cost impacts to international stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Actively participate in assigned working groups to achieve the Company goals as it relates to applicable material/chemical selection, focusing on lower-impact products and materials.
- Set up risk-based audits to verify suppliers’ compliance with Disney’s requirements and work with external partners to educate suppliers on corrective actions.
- In partnership with other PI team members, support activities related to chemical reporting obligations (e.g., State-level requirements on Chemicals of High Concern to Children.)
- Comment on new product development from a chemical standpoint; review new formulations and chemical treatments; provide comments to internal stakeholders and guide the Product Integrity team on global chemical considerations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related subject.
- Minimum five years of related work experience in a product safety or regulatory affairs function, with a focus on chemical policy, chemical management, or product environmental compliance/product stewardship.
- Ability to establish relationships, influence, and build trust with key stakeholders.
- Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present technical information to audiences at all levels clearly and concisely.
- Working knowledge of global chemical regulations (e.g., REACH, TSCA, Proposition 65, State regulations on Chemicals of High Concern to Children.)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret chemical data.
- Project management experience- successfully initiating, planning, implementing, and closing a project within scope, budget, and time constraints.
- Prior experience in a global organization.
- Experience developing and implementing Restricted Substances Lists (RSL) and related compliance programs for a global brand or retailer.
- Familiar with utilizing chemical management databases and chemical hazard assessment tools.
- Experience working with environmental protection organizations and trade associations.
- Post-graduate degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or a related subject.
The hiring range for this position in California is $112,012.00 to $150,260.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.