Associate Manager, CreativeApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031766 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Oct. 31, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Are you passionate about video games and Marvel? Do you dream about making amazing games with the world’s most iconic Super Heroes and Villains? If so, we may have the perfect job for you! We are looking for an exceptionally talented Associate Manager, Creative Development to join Marvel Games! Marvel Games leverages a massive library of more than 8,000 characters to create incredible games by partnering with the very best game companies on Earth.
As Associate Manager, Creative Development, you will work closely with the Senior Manager, Creative Development and Art Director to help guide creative on multiple games at various stages of development. You will help maintain and elevate our quality and brand standards by providing creative guidance and brand feedback on all aspects of each game throughout the entire development process, across multiple platforms.
- Provide creative support and guidance for multiple games in various stages of development and live operations to ensure Marvel authenticity and gaming excellence across our portfolio of mobile, console, PC, and VR games.
- Partner with art and product development teams to route assets and consolidate stakeholder feedback on product direction, game design, scripts, in game assets and text, copy, and marketing materials to ensure accuracy and brand authenticity.
- Assist in developing and managing Marvel Games’ internal brand tools and resources. Maintain, organize, and curate reference materials from comics spanning across Marvel’s vast 80-year history.
- Conduct project research on topics including (but not limited to) Marvel characters, plotlines, story arcs, costumes, etc.
- Play, dissect, and analyze games to provide clear and actionable feedback on their gaming appeal and market readiness.
- Proactively anticipate creative and product risks and develop mitigation solutions that ensure our games meet their respective product goals.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the Marvel brand (past and present) across multiple media including comics, film, television, and games.
You have 3+ years of relevant experience in comics or game development, publishing, or partnership management positions.
You have an authentic love for all things Marvel! Not only can you recall Marvel lore from decades of comics, films, games, and animation, but you also understand the core DNA of these characters and stories that is key to the Marvel brand.
You are passionate about video games and understand how to thoughtfully translate comic book characters, story, and action into amazing narratives and gameplay.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to provide clear, concise, and actionable feedback, and present ideas with clarity, conviction, and collaborative understanding.
You are reliable and passionate about your work and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines and expectations.
You always seek to foster deeper and more productive relationships with the people around you, and you treat them the way you wish to be treated – within the team, within the company, and with all of our external partners.
You are a sympathetic and champion collaborator that is able to adapt and adjust to a wide variety of studio work styles.
Please include your resume and cover letter with answers to the questions below:
- Why are you interested in working at Marvel Games?
- What is your favorite video game of all time? What games are you currently playing?
- If you could be any Marvel Super Hero or Villain, which one would you choose and why?
- In your opinion, what makes a great Marvel story? What is your favorite Marvel storyline, and why?
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Brands LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Brands LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.