Associate Marketing Manager - Walt Disney GamesApply NowApply Later Job ID 7111127020211219 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Walt Disney Company's games business is one of the world's largest licensors of games across multiple platforms. Our games teams work closely with external development studios to create original stories through high-quality games inspired by the worlds of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm and 20th Century Studios.
The Walt Disney Games Marketing team partners with licensees to deliver world-class campaigns, helping each licensee successfully create/execute go-to-market plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through thoughtful brand storytelling, data-driven insights, and creative innovation – all grounded in a consumer-centric integrated marketing approach.
The Associate Marketing Manager plays an important role within the global Disney Games and Interactive Experiences business in contributing to both the strategic and executional elements of marketing plans and is a dynamic results-oriented marketer.
You will report to the Sr. Manager, Marketing
- Support the Sr. Manager, Marketing in reviewing marketing materials, providing guidance/feedback, sharing and delivering key insights/information, and routing/managing approvals for go-to-market plans, creative assets, and marketing activations with licensees
- Own and lead on select titles and special projects that extend reach and increase awareness
- Deliver on innovative and performance-driven Disney Marketing campaigns that align to key TWDC franchise priorities/initiatives that result in meaningful brand deposits
- Partner closely with key cross-functional teams (Production, PR, Franchise, and Legal) to ensure alignment on plans and manage feedback/approvals on key marketing materials/programs
- Create and deliver on innovative and performance-driven Disney Marketing campaigns that extend reach, increase awareness, and result in meaningful brand deposits
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, competitive market, business opportunities, etc.
- Understand appropriate benchmarks and goals across greater marketing channels/campaigns
- Analyze performance of campaigns with licensees to identify areas of optimization and make recommendations
- Oversee tracking systems for all incoming/outgoing requests and approvals
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 2–3 years of experience with planning, developing and executing marketing plans
- Experience in owning the execution of successful and cost-effective marketing campaigns for successful brands
- Experience with brand management, product marketing, user acquisition, and social/community
- Ability to analyze data and extrapolate insights
- Passion for the entertainment industry
- Experience in video games or similar entertainment industry
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.