Associate Principal Counsel – DMED TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 824652BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
Comprised of The Walt Disney Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, including Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (“DMED”) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DMED Legal is part of the Legal Department of TWDC and provides legal advice to DMED and other businesses of TWDC regarding advertising, marketing, digital products, technology, and content distribution. The DMED Technology legal team is searching for an attorney who will work in a senior legal role exercising legal expertise, judgment and experience confidently and with autonomy.
Responsibilities:The Associate Principal Counsel for DMED Technology will:
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and oversee a wide variety of agreements related to technology and related systems and services, including software license, software as a service, professional services, evaluation, reseller, procurement, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Provide analysis and advice relating to technology objectives, initiatives, and strategy of DMED and related businesses, including counseling and collaborating with other colleagues on associated intellectual property, regulatory, privacy, security, and other issues, and internal company guidelines and procedures.
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a law firm advising major corporate clients and/or corporate legal department, including structuring, drafting, and negotiating contracts, and preferably specializing in technology transactions and counseling related to software license, software as a services, professional services, reseller, procurement, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Knowledge of issues related to technology, including software engineering, advertising platforms, information infrastructure, content management and delivery, digital media marketing, and open source software.
- Knowledge of technology law and policy.
- Ability to anticipate and understand the implications of agreements, contractual provisions, and related decisions on a business, including identifying and assessing potential risks and impacts.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Excellent writing, negotiating, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to problem solve in an efficient, business-friendly, creative manner.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism; excellent attention to detail.
- Professional, confident demeanor and superior analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and interact effectively with people at many different levels both within and outside the company, including other attorneys, senior executives, managers, and engineers.
- Experience working and communicating with executives.
- Willingness to take “ownership” of projects and think proactively.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work through projects with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills with the ability to execute multiple, high-priority projects efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
- Legal experience in an in-house corporate legal department.
- JD or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.