Associate Principal CounselApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744372BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 03, 2020
You will coordinate with Disney’s regional legal teams, as well as with Walt Disney Company subject matter experts (e.g., intellectual property, music, piracy, employment, labor, risk management, etc.) to address issues that affect the global service.
You will manage important relationships with our business and entertainment partners, provide advice to senior management at Disney+, and assist more senior counsel in the development of department policies, procedures and to help shape strategies. You will be expected to work independently but collaboratively with other lawyers in the group, in particular seeking guidance on more complex or high-risk matters.
- Minimum 6-9 years of significant legal experience with a minimum of 5 years in the entertainment industry.
- Solid understanding of business and legal issues pertaining to marketing and advertising. Demonstrated capacity to keep current on emerging business and legal trends in motion picture, television and new media industry.
- Superior drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills. Significant experience drafting and negotiating promotion, sponsorship and advertising agreements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment and act as a resource to colleagues with less experience. Ability to build interdepartmental relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and present arguments to higher-level attorneys and clients to help shape strategic decisions made by those individuals. Ability to effectively challenge business approach and articulate legal risks.
- Ability to evaluate and reconcile issues from the business-unit and enterprise level perspective.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work under deadlines and execute efficiently against multiple, high-priority and high volume projects. Demonstrates a clear ability to manage fast paced production environment.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
- JD degree
- Admission to California State Bar Association (or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel) and law degree from an accredited law school.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.