Associate Principal Counsel, Parks DigitalApply NowApply Later Job ID 952931BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Apr. 04, 2022
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Principal Counsel (“APC”) on the Parks Digital team providing legal support to digital matters within various lines of business within the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (“DPEP”) segment, including Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort, Disney Cruise Line and the DPEP Customer Engagement marketing teams. The APC will report directly to the Principal Counsel on the team and will receive paralegal support.
- Provide legal advice to business teams for the requirements, build and implementation of digital initiatives
- Structure, draft, negotiate and oversee a wide variety of agreements related to digital products and technology and related systems and services, including software as a service (SaaS) platforms, mobile and web development, e-commerce, advertising technology, and social media
- Provide legal advice and act as a strategic thought partner along with more senior attorneys throughout all stages of product development
- Coordinate and collaborate with Privacy legal and other Parks business unit attorneys considerations
- An attorney with a minimum of 5 years’ experience specializing in issues relating to digital platforms, preferably with significant experience interpreting and drafting technology contracts
- Knowledge of technology law and policy and issues and matters related to technology, including advertising and digital media platforms and content management and delivery, and open source software
- Knowledge of consumer protection laws and regulations, including FTC and advertising industry policy
- Excellent drafting, contract negotiation, verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with moderate supervision, on complex projects and assignments
- Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze issues, evaluate risk and exercise sound legal judgment
- Proven client relationship skills
- Must be team oriented and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a solution oriented approach to legal issues
- Self-motivated, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task and work quickly, efficiently and collaboratively as a team under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of privacy and intellectual property laws to coordinate these matters with subject matter experts
- Ability to provide direction to paralegals
- JD or equivalent
- Strong academic credentials
- Admission to California State Bar in good standing or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.