Associate Product Manager
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 689748BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 16/07/2019
Associate Product Manager
The Disney Digital Product Management team is searching for an Associate Product Manager who can coordinate and build content-driven experiences across our brands (Disney, Star Wars, Oh My Disney, Disney Style, Disney Family). The Associate Product Manager will also contribute to the ongoing development of features and experiences to drive audience engagement and referrals. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams across the DTCi Product and Design team, including Technology, Design/UX, Audience Development, Content, and Marketing teams, to ensure that new products and features fulfill the business needs and are operationally scalable. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, collaborative, and creative.
- Product Management: Proactively develop feature ideas to improve products based on business goals and KPIs. Collaborate with business stakeholders to develop detailed product requirements in alignment with overall product team strategy. Collaborate with design/UX, content, and operations teams to execute.
- Execute Projects: Collaborate with internal technology teams to define, design, and deliver on user stories using an Agile Product Development workflow. Launch features within budget and on schedule. Fulfill required project management tasks for products under the Product Manager’s direct responsibility.
- KPIs: Define, track, and report on KPIs and success metrics relevant to current product offerings.
- Innovate: Demonstrate a willingness to experiment, iterate, and innovate, especially leveraging A/B and user testing to make data-driven decisions.
- Demonstrate Effective Communication: Build stakeholder relationships and communicate efficiently as it relates to requirements, scope, budget estimates, and product delivery.
- Deliver Quality: Effectively manage processes for bug reporting, triage, and prioritization to maintain high-quality products. Be aware of privacy, legal, and accessibility regulations to ensure consistent compliance.
- User Documentation and Support: Actively engage with content creators, editors, and producers to ensure the Product team has provided clear documentation and training to operationalize new features. Develop additional supporting documentation as needed.
- Support Team: Continuously seek process and efficiency improvements and take responsibility for managing bug backlog and live site issues. Collaborate with Product leaders and colleagues to ensure that high-priority projects and maintenance issues are escalated. Gain broad knowledge of products, technology and services to be able to flex in and out of projects as needed.
- Familiar with digital Content Management Systems for web, mobile, or video products
- Experience in Product Management or Producing mobile/web applications, games, or digital activities
- Experience collaborating with engineers on technical requirements and product design
- Strong problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills, especially in e-mail communication and requirements development
- Attention to detail
- Experience with digital media products that engage kids or support digital marketing and social engagement strategies
- Background in UX/Design and prototyping
- Passion for data-driven development and analytics
- IOS/Android or streaming video product experience
- Tech or media industry enthusiasm
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.