Associate Sourcing ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 860970BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
This person possesses the knowledge of successful global sourcing and product development strategies to drive margins and improve efficiencies across all markets and distribution channels (owned & operated retail and wholesale). The Global Merchandise Sourcing team has nearly 100 team members in 6 different countries managing 450+ suppliers providing vertically developed merchandise for Disney stores, shopDisney.com, Parks & Resorts and wholesale partners worldwide.
This position reports to Sourcing Manager, Global Sourcing, and will require some domestic and/or international travel for product placement/cost negotiations exercises.
Responsibilities:Sourcing and Product Compliance
- Manage the placement and production of a single or multiple product categories
- Responsible for managing and production status reporting for key wholesale business accounts
- Responsible for vendor communication related to designated product categories
- Ensure products meet established standards for safety and quality including quarterly Product Review Requests with Product Integrity partners
- Track progress of development & production cycle against key milestone dates through daily maintenance of Development Tracking Report
- Contact vendors to follow-up and verify the accuracy of provided data, resolve routine issues and ensure vendor alignment with Disney processes and procedures
- Ensure all products are shipped on time to support established launch dates
- Liaise with vendors and ticket/label suppliers to ensure ticketing requirements are followed to avoid late deliveries and charge backs due to non-compliance
- Liaise with wholesale partners to understand retailer requirements for product/packaging to ensure vendor compliance
- Prepare standard and/or any ad-hoc reports as requested (time and action calendars, production timelines, status updates, etc.)
- Assist with sourcing strategies that support global distribution while balancing need for localization and speed-to-market
- Execute sourcing strategies that maximize profitability and minimize risk with a goal of year-over-year improvement
- Aware of industry trends to help inform sourcing strategies. Knowledge of the plush/soft toys market a plus.
- Proactively seek new opportunities, ideas, techniques and materials to drive product innovation with both new and existing suppliers
- Communicate production status to central and regional partners via weekly cross-functional meetings and as required
- Build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners
- Attend weekly cross-functional meetings and quarterly product review meetings to understand key sourcing issues and action items
- Develop and foster cross-functional relationships to ensure all business goals are aligned
- 3+ years related experience preferably in specialty retail or consumer products
- Exposure to Sourcing & Production of multiple product categories
- Detail oriented and superior organization skills
- Proven track record of effectively communicating with manufacturers
- Ability to manage multiple SKU’s and timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple design and development partners, a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to be flexible, adapt to change and grow with organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising/Product Development/Design, Business or Supply Chain or 1+ years of related experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Merchandise Sourcing & Distribution, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.