Already applied?View Dashboard
Asst Manager, Licensing, Hardlines, Princess & TinkApply Now Apply Later Job ID 525690BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 13, 2018
Job Summary:The Assistant Manager position on the Disney Princess team is responsible for managing the Stationery, Arts and Activity, Financial Services and Calendar business portfolio across an associated licensee base with the goal of meeting or exceeding predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
This position will provide day to day support for the Disney Princess multi team, including regularly contact with licensing partners, Disney Consumer Products licensing teams across franchises and/or categories as well as product development, retail sales and marketing, legal, contract administration and franchise management.
- Manage a licensee base across the Stationery, Arts and Activity, Financial Services and Calendar business and identify new business and revenue opportunities for the business.
- Build and manage day to day relationship with licensees
- Support organizing, pitching and selecting licensees
- Research & understand competitive landscape across the numerous categories
- Analyze and understand market trends, consumer and retailer and industry needs.
- Develop strategies and business plans by brand and property
- Accountable for management of all licensees within the assigned portfolio, which includes contract amendments, resolving issues, reviewing/approving submissions (product, marketing, & PR), and guiding promotion/advertising initiatives
- Set-up and lead licensee business review as well as internal and external retail presentations and line reviews
- Work with the Product Development team on a regular basis to ensure licensing strategies and objectives are being met
- Manage correspondence, timelines and collection of licensee’s forecast information in order to create quarterly forecast reporting summaries for analysis by the team
- In conjunction with / support of the Franchise team, ensure timely approvals of licensee’s marketing elements in online approval system.
- Provide all needed product and licensee information to the sales and marketing to support retail road shows and presentations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Highly detail-oriented
- Self-starter, motivated and proactive
- Team Player
- Builds and maintains strong collaborative working partnerships
- Excellent understanding of brand and property positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through
- Solid presentation skills
- Flexible/ability to adjust to changing business environment
- Strategic thinker
- Able to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Strong computer skills (Keynote, Excel, Power Point, Word)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.