Asst Mgr- Environmental Sustainability, DPEP Corporate CitizenshipApply NowApply Later Job ID 797082BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 22, 2021
The Assistant Manager-Environmental Sustainability will support the Manager-Environmental Sustainability in the development, communication and implementation of specific environmental commitments across the consumer products business. Commitments are focused on packaging recyclability, sustainable material sourcing and greener production techniques.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a traditional consumer products business as well as an understanding of the environmental impacts from manufacturing, sourcing or supply chain.
- Provide general project management aspects related to Disney’s environmental commitments
- Monitor product/packaging submissions and track relevant sustainability attributes for environmental commitments
- Create training materials, web content, presentations and exec summaries
- Assist in calculating Scope 3 emissions estimates for the consumer products business
- Develop progress reports to communicate performance on environmental commitments
- Assist in research to support programs and target development
- Concept requirements for integration of environmental practices into IT systems
- Liaise with project teams which may include business teams (sourcing, product development, product strategy, creative), Enterprise Social Responsibility (corporate), sustainability team, external vendors, consultants, etc.
- 2-3 years total of experience in corporate sustainability, environmental management, product development or related roles in a corporate, NGO or consultant setting
- Demonstrated project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ongoing awareness, interest and passion for sustainability best practices
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent computer literacy and able to managing complex datasets
- Experience in R Statistical software, Tableau, Access, SQL, Adobe Illustrator, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Tools (Simapro or Gabi)
- Knowledge of 3rd party sustainability certifications and environmental labeling schemes
- Strong mathematical skills, with experience analyzing, reporting, and summarizing data
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental engineering/management, sustainability, business administration, environmental studies, environmental science
- Master’s degree in environmental engineering/management, sustainability business administration, environmental science, earth sciences
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.