Asst Product DesignerApply NowApply Later Job ID 782863BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 26, 2021
- Develop and design product mock-ups, compile line sheets for line reviews, layout creative presentations, and retail pitch decks
- Collaborate with design manager to design and approve products
- Coordinate product submissions for creative reviews and approvals with design team
- Organize and maintain product and market samples
- Execute product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability, as well as onboard new partners
- Concept, design, sketch, prototype (including managing art-to-product, 3D modeling, sample creation, fit sessions, and electronic breadboards, where applicable), deliver and present trend-right consumer centric product lines that feature market-leading innovation and great price/value for each tier of the value pyramid
- Monitor competitors, product innovation and market dynamics
- Research Initial seasonal trends by category
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects within deadline
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (e.g. industrial design, toy design, fashion design)
- Entry level related experience
- Knowledge in hardlines/softlines categories (e.g. raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, technical design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Strong computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.