BRM Analyst II – Content Distribution
Glendale, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764007BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 05, 2020
Job Summary:Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment is responsible for TWDC’s international media businesses and our suite of direct-to-consumer streaming services. DTCI aligns technology, programming distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver highly relevant personalized entertainment experiences to global audiences of all ages.DTCI set out to do just that as we came together as an organization last year to prepare for Disney+ launch, as we continue to grow ESPN+ and Hulu, and make sure our advertising, technology and global sales teams are integrated and aligned to be the very best our industry has to offer.
DTCI Technology is at the heart of this transformation, and Technology Operations plays a critical role in the advancement of DTCI’s mission. DTCI Technology count on the technology operations team to engage and partner with business leaders across all of our business segments, manage work intake processes, prioritize investments and resources, drive operational effectiveness and efficiency, deliver global program and project management, monitor and communicate key performance indicators and deliver foundational technology critical for day-to-day operations.
Business Relationship Management (BRM) is a service and expertise function. Its success is derived from the intelligent counsel and service it provides to the parts of Direct to Consumer International (DTCI). It drives work intake and supports stakeholders with prioritization, develops business analysis and requirements, communicates roadmaps, develops business cases, facilitates quarterly reviews, provides regular transparency across all work efforts, and delivers on key programs that drive efficiencies and leverages DTCI technology global scale. These teams are aligned to the business stakeholders across the entirety of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) who depend on products and services delivered by DTCI Technology.
The BRM Analyst II – Content Distribution will coordinate with business stakeholders in Title Management to: identify and manage a piece of Content Intellectual Property (feature film or series/season/episode), its descriptive metadata (synopsis, release dates, cast, etc.), associated variations (versions, bundled product), and associated components (bonus) throughout a content titles lifecycle. The candidate will be responsible for conductintg stakeholder interviews and creating supporting documentation including process workflows and functional requirements. Candidate should be aware of the business and technology trends in Media and Entertainment, preferably with experience in metadata, masterdata and/or supplychain.
- Interviews business stakeholders, to document process flows and articulate requirements. Translate business requirements into technical specs for solutioning.
- Engages business stakeholders on a regular basis for process flow documentation, requirement gathering and requirement clarification. Must have a strong understanding of technical methodologies and be able to communicate requirements to technology teams.
- Works with stakeholders to resolve any issues and mitigate risks. Cross team collaboration in an effort to identify business process solutions and/or opportunities that help the business realize their objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field of study, or equivalent training and work experience
- 2-4 years of experience in technical field
- 3 years of experience conducting business stakeholder discussions in effort to define functional requirements, with a progression in complexity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to distill information accurately and convey it (verbally and/or written) to business partners and internal technology teams
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability with impeccable follow-through
- Strong prioritization and organization skills with experience juggling time-sensitive requests from multiple business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization, executing on several initiatives concurrently while balancing competing priorities
- Expertise in the entertainment industry (having worked in a studio, production company, agency, distributor) is preferred
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.