Business Affairs ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727314BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 16, 2019
- Reviews all Yellow Shoes creative output for legal/compliance issues (third party rights, copyright notification, claim substantiation, etc.) and notes comments in WorkFront (Roz) project management system as applicable. Selects items for further review/consultation with Disney Lawyers, Safety and/or Brand Stewardship when warranted.
- Helps draft contracts/agreements (in conjunction with Legal/Procurement as appropriate) for production, music, illustration services and other services the Yellow Shoes team needs to procure. Is involved in negotiation or consultation as appropriate.
- Exhibits proficiency in the knowledge and skills essential to this role, keeping current on evolving legal/contractual, talent residual, brand nomenclature issues and regulations. Ensures Yellow Shoes is adhering to corporate and regulatory guidelines in these areas.
- Acts as a strong advocate on behalf of creative work, versus simply getting approvals.
- Helps maintain database of executed contract/agreements.
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing, advertising or related business experience
- Demonstrated legal experience (e.g. compliance officer or paralegal) and familiarity with contract drafting and work product review for legal, nomenclature, compliance issues
- Demonstrated understanding of variety of communication mediums including video, print, digital, email, collateral, OOH, and the production process supporting each.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship skills with a team-oriented approach to the work
- Demonstrated strong operational, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Strong judgment, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Familiar with applications/systems for project management (e.g. Excel, Workfront, SharePoint)
- Self starter: holds him/herself accountable for deliverables, problem solving (or elevating issues when appropriate) when the inevitable snags occur to ensure deadlines are met
- Familiarity with SAG-AFTRA Talent Residual parameters
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language fluency
- Knowledge of music rights/usage
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Legal/Law (JD) Degree
Additional Information:Keyword: YellowShoes
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.