Business Affairs ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 882636BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The Business Affairs Manager will review creative materials and advise on talent, copyright and intellectual property issues, advise on next steps and assess scripts, rough-cuts, and final creative for risk of clearance concerns (in tandem with TWDC legal counsel). You will manage broadcast content, digital, social media, print and photography across lines of business and IP. You will also work in a collaborative and alongside other Business Affairs and Legal Affairs members of The Walt Disney Company (TWDC) and members of DPEP's creative, marketing, production, legal, finance, and franchise management groups.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Brand Stewardship
- Contract Negotiation
- Rights and Clearance
- Talent Agreements and Contracting Expert
- Music Licensing
- Minimum of 5 years of marketing, advertising, business affairs or legal affairs experience
- Negotiation skills, drafting abilities, first class communication skills (written and verbal) and creative problem-solving abilities
- Accomplish tasks with accuracy against multiple, high-priority projects and ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain high level of respect from others within the agency (including leadership), TWDC legal counsel and across the broader Marketing and Sales organization
- Understanding of variety of communication media including video, print, digital, email, collateral, OOH, and the production process supporting each
- Familiar with applications for project management (e.g. Workfront, SharePoint)
- Discern judgement with the ability to escalate issues when the inevitable snags occur and to ensure deadlines are met
- Familiarity with SAG-AFTRA Talent Residual parameters
- Knowledge of music rights/usage
- Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- 4-year Bachelor's degree
- Paralegal Certificate
- Legal/Law (JD) Degree
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Destinations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Destinations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.