Business Analyst, Product DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 785113BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 29, 2021
Our team is seeking Business Analyst, Product Development to join our team and help enhance, support and maintain applications in the Theatrical Distribution space. The right candidate not only has thorough knowledge of Agile principles, but also has strong communication skills and is able to write clear and concise User Stories
- Write user stories by conducting interviews, workflow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions
- Produce clear and concise workflow documents to drive balanced solutions that consider people, process and technology components
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs
- Facilitate and clarify customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Assist in the business case development using modeling techniques and methods as needed
- Define precise and accurate User Story acceptance criteria that will be used by developers, automation test frameworks and by product owners to ensure that product owner intent is effectively captured
- Arrange client reviews of software under development, ensuring client satisfaction
- Collaborate to develop user acceptance testing (UAT) specifications
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objective
- 3-5+ years of experience performing business analysis within a large enterprise covering both business and information technology domains
- 3-5+ years of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to use querying languages to extract and analyze data (e.g. SQL)
- Strong business process definition capabilities, including the ability to capture process flows visually according to standard methodologies
- Work experience in data analysis a plus
- Knowledge and experience with the Entertainment Distribution Value Chain including EIDR, rights and availability, servicing and financing preferred
- Experience working in cloud environments a plus (e.g. AWS, Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.