Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 710546BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 03/10/2019
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world-class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
As a member of the Studio Technology, Product Management Team, the Business Analyst is accountable for contributing to the successful delivery of products and solutions supporting The Walt Disney Studio under the direction of the Product Owner. The successful candidate will develop a productive partnership with technology product owners, business stakeholders, and technical team members. They will more specifically be responsible for identifying and defining business problems, objectives, and conceptualize product solution options. They will assist in business adoption/change management activities and analyzing/reporting on the impact of introduced solutions on the business.
The Business Analyst adheres to the established processes and requirements management methodology and practices, while carrying out their responsibilities. This includes meeting established quality standards for software requirements.
Stakeholders will consider the Business Analyst to be their business and systems partner, and their key technology resource in the execution of projects and system sustainment.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of Studio accounting processes, specifically in the area of Participations and Royalty Reporting. They should be conversant in the area of talent contract deal terms and participations/royalties calculations. They will be responsible for executing the strategic vision for Participations and Royalties Reporting process supporting the Walt Disney Studio Finance and Accounting teams
- Write user stories by conducting interviews, workflow analysis, process analysis, and observation sessions
- Write concise and effective User Stories
- Produce clear and concise workflow documents to drive balanced solutions that consider people, process and technology components
- Evaluate information from multiple sources and help distinguish user requests from user needs
- Facilitate and clarify customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Assist in the business case development using modeling techniques and methods as needed
- Define precise and accurate User Story acceptance criteria that will be used by developers, automation test frameworks and by product owners to ensure that product owner intent is effectively captured
- Arrange client reviews of software under development, ensuring client satisfaction
- Collaborate to develop user acceptance testing (UAT) specifications
- Interface with all levels of internal clients and analyze current business and software development processes
- Foster Agile principles and methods for requirements gathering
- Adhere to Agile development methodology best practice
- Facilitate Agile rapid and meaningful releases
- Assist in the creation of project approval request documentation
- Work with the Project Manager to help facilitate and ensure successful user acceptance testing
- Work with the business to ensure business adoption
- Measure impact of solutions on the business
- 3+ yrs of experience performing business analysis preferably in the media and entertainment arena
- Agile certification and 3+ yrs of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology in the Product Owner role
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Proficient use of Microsoft SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio or equivalent, software requirements visualization tools (ie-RML),
- Experience with MicroStrategy reporting or equivalent reporting system
- Strong business definition capabilities, including the ability to create visual models for software requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical developers and translate business requirements as required
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- A sense of ownership and responsibility for successful delivery
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Must be able to work independently, support several projects simultaneously and prioritize effectively
- Prior experience in Participations, Residuals, and/or Royalties
Your passion for good software is visible to your team members, stakeholders and in every product you and the team delivers. You take business automation seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day. You are:
- A problem solver. You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, and are biased toward delivering requirements fit quickly and within budget constraints.
- Inquisitive. You are curious and ask questions often. You’re hungry to learn new things and understand complex problems. You have a desire to learn how things are done and that drives you to look for ways to improve and streamline existing processes.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You face change with a cool head and persevere even if you don’t have all the details; you’re comfortable moving between projects and facing the uncertain because risk and change motivates you to evolve and innovate.
- Technically astute. You rapidly learn new skills, grasping complicated technical information that often leaves others lost whether it’s product, industry, or hard tech knowledge, you absorb it quickly and are ready for more.
- Goal oriented. You are focused on your goals and drive to get to the desired outcome; you connect business and technology strategies to the software you deliver and can easily articulate the value created.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science, Business Administration, Operations or Finance
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.