Business Analytics & Insights (Category Analyst)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 827834BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 14, 2021
The Category Analyst will be the key point person responsible for Category and Shopper Data within the Disney Consumer Products division. This role will work with cross functional partners, including sales, product management, franchise management, finance, and retail teams to grow the business.
- Develop and prepare category deep dives to help size areas of white space for Disney
- Identify shopper trends using a variety of sources and create actionable and relevant presentations to guide product development
- Become single point of contact for shopper and category data, being able to quickly pull data across several different databases
- Incorporate financial data into category data to create profitability analyses
Standardized Reporting and Database Maintenance:
- Own, maintain, and optimize existing weekly and monthly standardized category reports, ensuring accurate and quick turnaround
- Develop standardized shopper insights reporting
- Collect and share third party category and shopper industry insights within Consumer Products, Games & Publishing
- Become the expert on existing internal and external product hierarchies, working with vendors and internal stakeholder to align hierarchies together.
Cross Functional Team Support:
- Deliver Ad-Hoc requests against tight turnaround times
- Assist Insights/Finance/Sales teams with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Assist with IT and Retail teams to maintain, clean, and attribute data on weekly basis, ensuring databases are accurate, complete and usable.
- 1 year of experience in data analytics, forecasting and/or planning
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables
- Experience with data visualization/BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, and/or PowerBI, as well as experience with syndicated third party data sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to story-tell with data
- 2-3 years of experience in data analytics, forecasting and/or planning
- Strong organizational skills and sharp attention to detail
- Self-motivated with ability to multi-task, adapt quickly, learn independently, and complete projects in a timely manner
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in a consumer products company or retail experience a plus
- BA/BS college degree or its equivalent in relevant area –Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Accounting
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.