Business Operations Coordinator – Strategic ProjectsApply NowApply Later Job ID 981758BR Location Glendale, California, United States / New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This individual will coordinate inputs, analysis, and execution plans from stakeholders, packaging materials, advancing the work of initiatives, and driving consensus across working groups. The individual will leverage input from multiple stakeholders and support the Senior Manager and Business Operations team broadly to produce thoughtful analysis to address key business questions and actionable plans to address our greatest opportunities and challenges. The successful candidate will blend strong business & process expertise with effective stakeholder management, communication skills, and an eagerness to learn.
Responsibilities:DEEP - DIVE ANALYSIS
- Support the development of deep-dive analysis efforts for all areas of the business to inform future planning and evaluate business performance
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills; ability to glean meaningful insights from raw and visualized data and create roadmaps for implementation
- The ability to visualize data and help extract meaningful insights
- In partnership with colleagues across the entire organization, piece together results from cross-functional initiatives and support the packaging of it to senior executives
- Coordinate across teams to ensure inputs are gathered in a timely manner to inform strategic decision-making and readiness reporting
- Maintain reference materials and documentation that supports key decisions, projects and initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with Disney Streaming and TWDC teams to support the production of deep-dive analyses, mission-critical projects, and proposals to shape business priorities
- Support the project management of strategic initiatives including establishing project plan, tracking progress, & documenting milestones; develop communications for project tracking
- Implementation & documentation of business processes across multiple stakeholders
- Translate policies & key decisions to executive memos & process documentation to support a number of functions including, but not limited to, data, customer service, legal, finance & marketing
- Create, communicate, and manage detailed project plans, dependencies, resource plans, schedules and deadlines
- Partner with the various TWDC business units in order to pull together data, narratives, and processes to ensure delivery of special projects
- Other business operations duties as assigned & as necessary to support a growing operation & product launch schedule
- Strong presentation skills and ability to develop comprehensive project plans of all scope sizes and functions
- Ability to maintain discretion when reviewing, sharing, and analyzing information that is sensitive and/or confidential
- Other duties as assigned & as necessary to support a growing operation & product launch schedule
- Track record that shows you’re ready to excel in meeting the extraordinary challenges of this role (2+ years in similar roles in digital media environments with a business management or analytics)
- Ability to develop professional presentations that communicate, track, and illustrate project health as well as process flow recommendations and other key deliverables
- Ability to balance multiple projects at once and prioritize based on business impact and need
- Proven experience in process optimization / transformation in order to increase process efficiency, reduce time-to-market and support scalability
- Experience supporting and sometimes owning cross-functional projects
- Excellent communicator, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- Flexible and able to find the right balance between structured problem analysis and project management and agility to deal with a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated business aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent people management skills, including the ability to influence a wide range of audiences
- Creatively and collaboratively disruptive
- Proven negotiation and issue resolution skills
- Self-motivated, high-energy, tenacity
- Ability to determine resource needs and recommend solutions
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- BA/BS in business, computer science, other business/tech field or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.