Business Planning ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 781801BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
The Business Planning Manager serves as a partner to team members and leaders, leading the development of important strategic and operational growth plans for their assigned businesses. The Business Planning Manager will work with leaders across the business on multiple projects and will help support the Sr Manager, Business Planning in developing the LOB's 5-Year Plan.
This position will report to the Senior Manager-Business Planning.
- Define and analyze consumer and retail trends across major markets, and translate analysis into meaningful takeaways to support project narrative
- Lead analyses and projects cross-CPGP and for assigned LOB's or Franchises as assigned under the guidance of the Sr Manager, Business Planning
- Create compelling, presentation materials to communicate recommendations (verbally and in writing) to senior-level executives
- Evaluate important industry trends, including through third-party research
- Develop relationships with partners across the Company
- Manage elements of CPGP's annual strategic planning process with oversight from Sr Manager, Business Planning
- Maintain relationships with research and data providers
- Pull and analyze data from our systems
- Minimum 5 years of relevant post-undergraduate experience
- Experience in consumer, retail or product strategy, management consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or private equity
- Analyze information, brainstorm and make decisions by interpreting data analytical and financial modeling skills
- Willingness to accept and meet challenges to helping a team to succeed
- Think pragmatically, not just theoretically, implement ideas and development of hypothesis
- Manage a variety of projects and issues simultaneously and influence and guide the actions of the team
- Advanced verbal and written skills, the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them to a range of partners, including executives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field; OR equivalent relevant experience
- Master’s in Business Administration
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.