Business Program ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730548BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 06, 2019
The Business Program Manager will initiate and program manage various types of new business program initiatives that are outside established workstreams, including initiatives to evaluate new opportunities, initiatives to pilot new business opportunities, and initiatives to deliver new types of products. The Business Program Manager will work with teams across multiple disciplines in a geographically dispersed organization, including working with vendors. This role will concurrently manage multiple programs of various types and at various stages in the life cycle, and will ensure execution of programs in a timely manner, and based on organizational priorities, within a dynamic environment of business transformation.
Responsibilities:Business Program Planning
- Working with stakeholders, establish the objectives and deliverables for the business program
- Document key assumptions and dependencies for the business programs
- Facilitate scope definition, and build out an initial high-level plan with projections for phases as appropriate to the specific business program (e.g. discovery, research, analysis, pilot delivery, product delivery)
- Lead planning workshops for business programs with cross-functional teams, including determination of staffing needs, rough program costs, resource availability timing, plus oversight, risk, and contingency needs – resulting in a mid-level plan and associated cost schedule
- Work with vendors and external partners as appropriate to get schedules, estimates, manage contract processes, manage ongoing deliverables and interactions, secure reporting, and review invoicing
- Prepare and present plans, schedules, estimates, and reporting for executives and cross-functional leaders
- Create team and stakeholder communication plans
- Ensure proactive scheduling of key deliverables, milestones and deliverable tasks
- Update the plans and schedules with cross discipline functional leads as initiatives progress
- Validate that scope can be completed within timeline and budget
- Confidently lead and drive cross-functional business programs through full delivery life-cycle
- Serve as primary liaison among multiple departments/disciplines, teams, and vendors
- Work with cross discipline team members to re-validate assumptions and review plans as the program progresses
- Create mid-level plan and ensure proper documentation of scope of work and decisions made during the program with help from cross discipline functional leads
- Communicate updates regularly to business program and leadership team on delivery progress, plan updates and budget spend and forecast, including status report updates, financial/budget/variance reports, and other reporting as required
- Monitor adherence to schedule and milestone commitments
- Escalate key issues and risks to ensure timely resolution and mitigation
- Manage resource assignment, budget, scheduling, and scope prioritization, and change control
- Aligned to the type of new business program initiative, appropriately manage scope changes, record causes of change, and facilitate change requests to ensure impacts to schedule or budget, as well as forecasts, are approved and communicated in a timely manner
- Ensure proper business program closure including retroactives/lessons learned, transition and hand-off to production operations support when appropriate for the program, and final financial reporting
- Direct management and accountability for single project budgets of $2-5M
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in business program and project management in a multi-channel environment, preferably inclusive of retail, ecommerce, product development, marketing, merchandising, and business development initiatives; consulting experience is a plus
- Strong project leader with at least 4 years of experience in leading large, multidisciplinary teams of at least 10 functional departments
- Minimum 3 years of client management experience in successfully delivering business solutions, preferably in a global client-service organization
- Experience in a matrixed organization working with multiple stakeholders per effort
- Experienced in multiple full lifecycle program deliveries from business development through implementation and operations
- Possesses significant practical experience in the basics of project management (estimation, project planning, resource planning, issue management, risk management, change management, communication planning).
- Proven accomplishment as a driver of multiple programs running concurrently
- Able to confidently lead teams to a successful delivery approach, working both collaboratively and independently while maintaining a high level of productivity
- Strong experience facilitating gathering/ development of requirements for complex solutions
- Demonstrated analysis/assessment capabilities
- Proven track record managing financials
- Self-starter, able to work under tight timetables and high-pressure situations, fluidly shift with changing priorities, and effectively handle ambiguity
- Must possess excellent business communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable when communicating with executive level (Directors, VPs, SVPs) in presentations, working sessions, and 1-on-1 interactions
- Proactive and solution-oriented when managing issues
- Practiced in negotiating with others in ways that result in win/win agreements and outcomes
- Exhibit good judgment skills on when to seek guidance and when to escalate risks and issues
- Must be open to coaching and guidance
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.