Business Technology Executive-WDI Tools Technology & Product Director
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784040BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 21, 2021
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the development wing for Disney’s parks resorts cruise ships and consumer products division. The WDI Technology Studio is behind all software that gets delivered to attractions as well as the technology that empowers Imagineers to bring magic to our guests.
We are seeking a visionary technical leader in developing tools to make Imagineers more efficient, capable, and predictable. Reporting directly to the VP, WDI Technology Studio, and working closely with WDI designers, project managers, and financial leadership, this role will be responsible for developing and executing a clear vision for tools needed to support next generation processes.
- Develop a tools roadmap and maintain a consensus among all stakeholders
- Maintain and continuously develop domain-knowledge specific product teams as well as the practice of product development with WDI Technology. Domain specific areas include:
- Architecture Engineering & Construction
- Visual effects, story development, and visualizations
- Manufacturing and mechanical development
- Enterprise operations
- Work along-side key partners and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including:
- Internal technology operations & technology adoption teams
- Other Studio leaders responsible for above listed domain-specific areas
- Develop a culture of collaboration, transparency, empowerment, and accountability to sustain the long-term success of the team
- Work along-side other key leaders to develop and evangelize technology tools product roadmaps
- Be accountable for developing and managing internal technology tool software development. Delivering high quality products on-time and on-budget
- Be financially responsible for technology tools portfolio including strategy, planning, forecasting, and tracking
- 5+ years of experience in managing large scale software projects or products in complex organizations; experience managing or developing teams or equivalent executive experience
- 3+ years of experience working in a location-based entertainment related field either directly or indirectly
- Passion for tools and software that enable design and physical development
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and ability to simplify and distill complex technical ideas
- Excellent presentation and pitching skills
- Strong technical background. Computer science or developer background strongly preferred
- High-tech architecture or manufacturing experienced preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.