CE Manager III – SEOApply Now Apply Later Job ID 711187BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 14, 2019
The Customer Engagement organization is part of the Walt Disney Parks, Experience and Product Division (DPEP) and is the Center Of Excellence leading the development and implementation of marketing and sales outbound communications with our consumers across the offline, digital (including display, social, search and streaming) and direct relationship channels (including Email, Direct Mail and text).
DPEP is the hub where Disney’s stories, characters and franchises come to life. Being a part of PEP means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
The Customer Engagement organization is looking for a Manager, eCommerce SEO who will be leading the growth and the maximization of the revenue generated by the online sale of Disney Branded products through our organic search channel for shopDisney.com.
- Meet or exceed growth targets for the organic search channel. Drive increased impressions, clicks and conversions from organic search. Drive double-digit growth in revenue.
- Develop and implement organic search optimization initiatives to attract new and returning guests and generate incremental revenue.
- Understand, implement, and evangelize SEO best practices. Stay up-to-date on the ever changing landscape of organic search. Keep our site(s) continuously improving by managing on-page and off-page factors.
- Manage risk by clearly understanding the difference between “white hat” (search engine policy compliant) and “black hat” (search engine policy non-compliant) strategies and tactics. Employ white hat tactics to drive growth without incurring undue risk.
- Closely and continuously monitor direct and indirect communications from and about key search engine partners, including Google, Bing and others.
- Work with our Design, Product and Engineering teams to enhance our site & platform as needed to dominate organic search, representing our team when it comes to planning, developing, testing, and rolling out related fixes and enhancements.
- Create (or partner with creative teams to develop) keyword-rich content and improve the topical relevance of category, product and landing pages across the site.
- Review performance of campaigns using internal and external reporting and analytics tools. Distill data into actionable insights against which you can execute.
- Deliver concise and literate reporting to key stakeholders, including performance, placement/partnership flight calendars, opportunity evaluations, and more. In addition to your channel-specific reporting, deliver integrated reporting with other channel managers.
- Partner with internal teams to integrate executions into holistic marketing campaigns supporting our seasonal, promotional, and tentpole events.
- Work with our Security, Privacy, and Legal teams to ensure our implementations comply with Company policies.
- Consistently innovate, explore, learn, test, execute and iterate. Develop and maintain a culture and discipline of testing, research, competitive analysis and data-driven decisions to optimize future plans.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in the industry. Closely monitor the competitive landscape. Evaluate new technologies, strategies, and tactics, bringing recommendations back to the team to ensure our continued evolution and growth.
- Contributes daily to the SEO team and demonstrates the ability to develop team members.
- Investigates and proposes unique competitive marketing strategies to support traffic growth.
- Support other TWDC businesses in other territories as needed, contributing your expertise and guidance to expand ability to reach more Disney guests via SEO
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience growing business from organic search channels for large scale online business.
- History of continually making significant contributions to SEO team vision & strategy.
- Deep hands-on experience with multiple industry-leading SEO research and crawling/auditing tools.
- Skilled at getting buy-in from stakeholders - backing up suggestions/changes with solid data and compelling SEO reasoning.
- Full spectrum on-page SEO expertise.
- Communicates effectively to all levels of internal audiences; drives communication cross-functionally.
- Knowledge of server technologies (caching, environments, logging).
- Demonstrated passion and experience in data-driven and consumer centric marketing.
- Strategic thinker and fast learner.
- Excellent partnership and collaboration skills.
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- Good understanding of digital marketing.
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an ability to frame up succinct recommendations for leadership.
- Strong knowledge of analytics, reporting, and data management tools.
- Retail / e-Commerce experience
- Expert level knowledge, experience and skills using a variety of SEO tools. History of using and integrating results/output from these tools, applying them to websites and driving positive results.
- Experience with CJ Affiliate and/or other affiliate aggregation networks
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Experience with MicroStrategy.
- Strong personal network within the SEO community.
- Ability to balance creativity and innovation with being analytical and financially astute
- Ability to turn complex data and insights into easily understood data stories
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.