CG Model Designer – Monsters At WorkApply NowApply Later Job ID 877977BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Oct. 22, 2021
- Model Assets that are consistent with the look and style of the series, based on story elements, script descriptions and existing 2D designs
- Iterate modeled assets to improve designs and make sure assets are suitable for future production
- Create turnarounds and provide a clean pass of the final approved design
- Work closely with production and design leadership to deliver approved models in a timely manner for shipping
- Prepare all models for internal use and for shipment to overseas vendor animation studios
- Work closely with Art Director and Production Management to resolve design issues and deadlines
- Adhere to the production schedule provided by Line Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
- A portfolio demonstrating ability to design and create a variety of CG characters, environments, and props in various styles
- Knowledge of software that includes Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, ZBrush and other technology, where applicable
- Basic knowledge of Unity and/or Unreal Engine preferred
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
- Bachelor degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Equal Opportunity Employer - Gender / Minority / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.