Character Design Lead - Monsters at WorkApply NowApply Later Job ID 814700BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted Jun. 16, 2021
- Work closely with the Art Director to review scripts and storyboards and for characters that need to be designed for each episode. Flag complexity issues as they arise.
- In collaboration with the Executive Producer and Art Director, set the visual style of the series, creating conceptual and production artwork.
- Ensure that the high quality and style of show established by the Executive Producer and Art Director is achieved and maintained.
- Further the storytelling process by developing the look, personality and feel of characters.
- Capture the personality and life of a character with their design and attire.
- Create turnarounds, special poses, mouth charts and expression sheets and provide a clean pass of the final approved design.
- May oversee the Character Design team, delegating work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
- Communicate and problem-solve with vendor animation studio.
- 5-7 years of experience in artistic animation production.
- Experience leading a team preferred.
- Ability to design and create a variety of characters, turnarounds, mouth charts, expression sheets and special poses.
- Experience working with oversees vendor studios.
- A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential.
- Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable.
- Ability to align with style and sensibility of show.
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists.
- Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.