Already applied?View Dashboard
Citizenship Coordinator (Temporary Position)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 551252BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 10, 2018
Job Summary:The Citizenship team for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Consumer Products supports the company’s mission to conduct our business and create our products in an ethical manner while bringing the magic of Disney storytelling into the daily lives of families and fans around the world. We promote environmental stewardship, community engagement and philanthropy to inspire kids and families to create a brighter tomorrow.
The purpose of the Coordinator, Citizenship is to support the team’s projects and employee engagement activities. The Coordinator, Citizenship will contribute to Citizenship projects tied to DPECP products and experiences that deliver measurable impact on our brand, business and society.
Responsibilities:Employee Engagement & Philanthropy
- Help coordinate and support on-campus events
- Recruit voluntEARS for company events
- Assist with drafting and deploying communications for internal newsletters, Slack, etc.
- Support with product donation requests & inventory management
- Support ongoing SmartPackaging project including user management, account setup & confirmation, help tickets, etc.
- Conduct research into issues, best practices, policies, and trends in the CSR space
- Help with administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, mailing products and documents, etc.
- Support with tracking & logging data (e.g. donations, voluntEAR service hours, etc.)
- Assist with planning relevant Citizenship events (e.g. workshops, meetings, etc.)
- Strong interest in the CSR space
- Experience with Keynote as well as MS Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint
- Data entry and management skills
- Self-motivated and independent
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage various projects concurrently and adjust priorities as needed
- Positive attitude and creative problem solver
- Attention to detail and thoughtful approach to work
- Relevant work experience (e.g. CSR, media, product development, retail)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. environmental science, global studies, communications, etc.)
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.