Communications & Experience ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 812389BR Location Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 30, 2021
A fundamental go-getter with both left and right brain tendencies, i.e. you love a great spreadsheet and project plan while also love debating over fonts and shades of blue.
A natural writer and diligent editor with an uncanny love of grammar.
A storyteller at heart with a special passion for using stories to create a rich, inclusive and celebratory workplace culture.
An independent ‘doer’ who can get things done with little direction but enjoys creative collaboration and teamwork whenever possible.
A proactive problem solver with an unwavering commitment to high quality execution down to every detail.
Proud of your strong work ethic and a consummate professional who takes pride in his/her work and personal presentation.
Comfortable engaging with individuals at all levels – from interns to executives – and are able to adjust your written and presentation tone accordingly.
Someone who thrives in a hard-working yet casual, fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
Flexible and demonstrate a keen ability to connect with individuals from different cultures, functions and backgrounds.
- Curate and publish the weekly Download Newsletter.
- Support ongoing unique social content development as well as cross-promotion marketing of other internal products going out via email and the Portal.
- Create and publish Product Launches and manage the overall Product Launch calendar.
- Facilitate the T&D onboarding program and continuous new content for new hires and transfers.
- Support and/or lead unique story campaigns for DEI celebrations and heritage months, as well as unique Tech Culture stories across TWDC.
- Event planning and oversight of different Cast events, including scheduling (day/time, as well as time and space use), vendor management, budget development and management, logistics, marketing and day-of execution.
- Establish guiding principles and procedures for all DPEP T&D events.
- Define success metrics and implement a tracking tool/system for all events
- Provide planning consultation and in some instances execute events and programs on behalf of the individual senior leaders and their teams.
- Partner and maintain strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and partners throughout TWDC (including content partners, legal, risk management, security, etc.)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in internal communications, culture/employee experience, with a proven record of managing internal or employee events.
- Excellent communicator – both written and oral with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels (entry to executive).
- Strong familiarity with internal messaging tools and platforms, including UM, Mailchimp, Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, Keynote, and social media (Instagram and TikTok).
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills including the ability to multi-task and project manage and prioritize workflow in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams on multiple complex projects
- Experience in event budget development and management.
- Demonstrated skills in relationship management with the ability to successfully collaborate and develop professional partnerships that result in stable, consistent, reliable, and courteous communication.
- Possess knowledge and effectively leverage trends and technology in communications as well as both live and virtual events, maximizing the reach and relevancy to the audience
- Extremely organized with intense attention to detail.
- Comfortable in a small team atmosphere where no task is too minor at any level.
- Sense of humor is essential, and yet must always be a consummate professional.
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative, and to function effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to translate strategy into a tactical plan with achievable and measurable outcomes.
- Naturally creative with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to efficiently juggle a number of complex, multifaceted projects simultaneously under deadline.
- Willingness to travel on occasion and work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Prior Disney experience and/or knowledge of the Disney brand
- Experience in internal or employee communications
- Experience in corporate or employee event management
- Experience working in a corporate environment, preferable one with multiple lines of business and an international presence.
- Experience working in a non-profit or leading volunteer events/programs
- Proven communications or marketing experience
- Familiarity with video production, graphic design or other visual design mediums
- Previous experience or familiarity in a technology and digital company/organization
- Previous responsibility determining the strategy for a program or major program goal or working on efforts of strategic importance.
- Experience working internationally or in a multi-cultural environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or relevant, qualifying experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.