Communications Operations AssociateApply Now Apply Later Job ID 738457BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 04, 2020
- Provide real-time media monitoring, analysis, and research support, across traditional and social media platforms through the use of Boolean logic queries.
- Conduct research, analysis and draft reports for issue-based monitoring from multiple sources to identify conversation velocity, themes, sentiment, and influencers.
- Manage Global internal email distribution lists in Excel by audience and messaging including timely updates related to organization changes, data validations, list comparisons and coordination with HR and other business partners.
- Create, manage and execute timelines and processes for major business initiative site updates including sourcing, coordinating and posting of assets.
- Track, measure and analyze email and site metrics as well as create performance and trends reports to help provide insights for content planning and strategies.
- Access social APIs to determine how to develop issue alerts, dashboard integrations and historical data access for media monitoring.
- Manage and execute operations of HTML email newsletters and campaigns including timelines, mailing list management, production, and analytics.
- Serve as knowledge expert/resource on communications platforms including training, creating reference materials and managing/troubleshooting issues to resolution.
- Publish and validate content using content management systems and HTML hand-coding while following and ensuring web best practices.
- Support new web site development including preparation/publishing of content and testing/reviewing functionality.
- Support innovation of current tools and platforms through researching of updates/enhancements in existing applications and researching/testing of new technologies.
- Ideally 3 years of related experience – analytics, web/email production, and project management
- Strong computer and web literacy, including HTML (CSS a plus) and content management systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs with advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Familiarity with media monitoring tools such as Crimson Hexagon, Cision, Critical Mention, and NetBase
- Experience with email and web metric tools and interpretation/analysis of data
- Experience with list management a plus
- Proactive in gathering information, analyzing business needs, and planning projects
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and present in a clear, concise, and readable manner
- Highly-organized with analytical and process instincts
- Relentless attention to detail and exceptional proofing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and function effectively in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage projects, troubleshoot and problem-solve simultaneously in a fast paced environment with all levels of stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Technology or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.